June 2 — 6, 2020
To be jointly held with QPL'20
MFPS conferences are dedicated to the areas of mathematics, logic, and computer science that are related to models of computation in general, and to semantics of programming languages in particular. This is a forum where researchers in mathematics and computer science can meet and exchange ideas. The participation of researchers in neighbouring areas is strongly encouraged.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following: concurrent qualitative and quantitative distributed systems; process calculi; probabilistic systems; constructive mathematics; domain theory and categorical models; formal languages; formal methods; game semantics; lambda calculus; programming-language theory; quantum computation; security; topological models; logic; type systems; type theory. We also welcome contributions that address applications of semantics to novel areas such as complex systems, markets, and networks, for example.
MFPS 2020 will be held online, jointly with the 17th International Conference on Quantum Physics and Logic (QPL) 2020.
The conference will take place online. The dates (June 2-6) are maintained, and we will hold a live meeting using video and online discussion platforms.
The schedule of talks is online. The pre-recorded talks can be found on the Youtube channel of the conference!
Technical details can be found here.
Registration is free but mandatory. Please follow this link to register.
Important dates (all AoE)
- 30 March - abstract submission
- 3 April - paper submission
- 8 May - notification
- 22 May - camera-ready papers due
Invited Speakers and Organizers of Special Sessions
As in previous years, MFPS will have several invited speakers and special session highlighting areas within programming languages semantics. We are pleased to announce the following invited speakers and organizers of special sessions:
- Gilles Barthe (IMDEA) - plenary speaker
- Christine Tasson (Paris VII) - plenary speaker
Special session on Probabilistic programming languages
- Dexter Kozen (Cornell) - plenary speaker
- Fredrik Dahlqvist (London)
- Ohad Kammar (Edinburgh)
- Radu Mardare (Strathclyde)
- Valeria Vignudelli (Lyon)
Special session on Quantum programming - joint with QPL
- Alexandre Miquel (Montevideo) - plenary speaker
- Pierre Clairambault (Lyon)
- Claudia Faggian (Paris VII)
- Vladimir Zamdzhiev (Nancy)
Submissions should be prepared using the ENTCS Macros, and should be up to 12 pages long excluding bibliography and appendices.
Submissions are done via EasyChair.
A preliminary version will be distributed at the meeting. Final proceedings will be published in ENTCS after the meeting. ENTCS is open access.
- Danel Ahman (University of Ljubljana)
- Andrej Bauer (University of Ljubljana)
- Stephen Brookes (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Ugo Dal Lago (University of Bologna & INRIA Sophia Antipolis)
- Dan Ghica (Huawei Research and University of Birmingham)
- Pierre Hyvernat (Université Savoie Mont Blanc)
- Mauro Jaskelioff (Universidad Nacional de Rosario)
- Patricia Johann (Appalachian State University) - Chair
- Achim Jung (University of Birmingham)
- Barbara König (Universitaet Duisburg-Essen)
- Dexter Kozen (Cornell University)
- Catherine Meadows (NRL)
- Mike Mislove (Tulane University)
- Joel Ouaknine (MPI-SWS)
- Prakash Panangaden (McGill University)
- Dirk Pattinson (Australian National University)
- Maciej Pirog (University of Wroclaw)
- Peter Selinger (Dalhousie University)
- Alexandra Silva (University College London)
- Kristina Sojakova (Cornell University)
- Ana Sokolova (University of Salzburg)
- Sam Staton (University of Oxford)
- Tarmo Uustalu (Reykjavik University)
- Pablo Arrighi (AMU & INRIA)
- Aleks Kissinger (University of Oxford)
- Shane Mansfield (Sorbonne Université)
- Benoît Valiron (U. Paris Saclay)
- John van de Wetering (Radboud University Nijmegen — Wiz Team)
- James Hefford (University of Oxford — Wiz Team)
- Matthew Wilson (University of Oxford — Wiz Team)
- Vladimir Zamdzhiev (Nancy)
For further information about MFPS2020, please contact johannp_AT_appstate_DOT_edu.